Jan 23, 2013

Old dresser

Just another quick post:
I finally got my mom's old dresser to the house:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Repede, repede, inca o postare scurta!
Pana la urma am reusit sa aduc comoda veche de la mama. Ne asteapta cuminte la casa!:)


I'll have a lot of work on my hands!!:)
-----
Va necesita multa munca!:)





For now it's sitting in the entry hall.
I kinda like it here.
-----
Deocamdata sta la intrare.
Cred ca i se potriveste locul.



On its left I dream of a 2 m tall mirror, gold maybe? Leaning against the wall would be perfect, but with kids that's not an option, I will hang it on the wall. And in front of the mirror I'll have a bench or a chair!
-----
In stanga ei visez sa ne cumparam o oglinda inalta de 2 m, poate aurie? Sa o pot rezema doar de perete ar fi un vis, insa cu doua fete care nu stau locului deloc, nu se poate!! Nu-i nimic, o s-o agat, dar tot incepand de jos..Iar in fata oglinzii voi pune o bancuta sau un scaun!



Someting like this...
-----
Ceva de genul acesta...



I think it fits nicely, it's the perfect depth!!
-----
Mi se pare ca se incadreaza perfect, are adancimea potrivita!!


I won't keep it this colour, I plan to paint it this colour:
-----
Nu o sa ramana asa, o voi vopsi in aceasta culoare:

This colour is Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk...
In a week's time it should arrive at my door...
Without the waxes I need for the finish, though, because they are flamable and they'll arrive by boat in one month and a half!!!! What?!?!?!
-----
Culoarea se numeste Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk...
Cam intr-o saptamana va ajunge la mine...
Fara ceara care trebuie sa o dau deasupra, insa, pentru ca ceara nu se poate trimite prin posta, va sosi cu vaporul, dar intr-o saptamana si jumatate!!!! Poftim?!?!?!?!


For the dresser I plan to keep the top dark wood, and maybe the middle of the doors... I 've got a big scary plan for it, but I'm just sad cause I can't start working on the dresser, it's winter and preety cold at the house...and with the litlle one with me...it's difficult...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Planul pentru comoda este urmatorul: sa-i pastrez blatul natural, eventual sa-l dau cu bait, de fapt, ca sa fiu sincera, am un plan sa pictez ceva...cumva...nu va spun mai mult..poate acelasi lucru si pentru usi...sau poate nu...nu m-am hotarat inca!! Partea proasta e ca nu ma pot apuca de lucru pentru ca nu ma pot duce la casa cu fata dupa mine si nu am cu cine sa o las, daca ar fi cald, ar fi altceva!!


On another project:
-----
Alt proiect:


Say hello to project disaster!!
-----
Buna ziua proiect "dezastru"!!


It's a pouf that is destroyed by the girls... I tore it to see the inside and I'd have to replace that piece of cartboard.. I'm waiting for it and I'll start refinishing it!! It will  have some colour!! :) And some tuft!!
-----
Este un taburet distrus de fete, s-au suit cu picioarele pe el...L-am desfacut ca sa vad cum sa-l repar si se pare ca acel carton e distrus, trebuie inlocuit, in 2 zile vine si placajul...Ii schimb si culoarea..O sa-l pun in camera fetelor!!


Another project, for my husband to do, though... I'm curious how soon he'll do it!!:)) It's this:
-----
Alt proiect: de data asta e pentru sotul meu, i-am dat tema sa-mi faca patru astfel de picioare, sunt curioasa cat de repede o sa-si indeplineasca sarcina!!:))




It's one of the four legs I asked him to do.. It's going to be made of iron, with a wooden top, and the result is a console table...hope it works!!:)
-----
Picioarele vor fi din lemn, cu un blat de lemn rustic, cred, rezultatul va fi o consola...sper sa ne iasa!!:)


These are my plans...
Also, getting to tackle the girls' valence for the window, asap... or as soon as the hubby buys the plywood...and I buy the fabric:)))) Imagine something like this, only in pink as the headboard....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Acestea-s planurile mele...
De asemenea, trebuie sa ma apuc de galeria pentru camera fetelor, imediat ar trebui, sau imediat ce cumpara sotul MDF-ul si eu materialul!:)) Imaginati-va ceva de genul acesta, doar ca roz ca si tablia:


via Etsy





Many plans, I only wanted to write a quick post, and I can't stop!!:))
Ok, now I stop!!:))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Multe, multe planuri!! M-am apucat sa scriu o postare scurta si nu ma mai pot opri!!:))
Gata, ma opresc!!:))

xoxo,
Ozana






8 comments:

  1. Where did you get the paintings? And waxes? By boat? From the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dye I meant (vopsele mă)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te contare que yo también soñaba con un espejo de 2 mt apoyado en el suelo. Pero desistí ya que con niños je je imposible . Tu tienes muchos proyectos ya nos mostrarás tus trabajos
    Cariños
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anatati: I didn't get the paint yet. It should arrive next week and the waxes after a month and a half...Unfortunately... Annie Sloan Chalk Paint does not ship to Romania...so I had a friend buy them for me in the USA, and now she'll send them to me!
    And...they say this paint covers ANYTHING!! And ... without sanding...I think I'll sand a bit, but I won't be very thorough..It should be able to cover even your kitchen cabinets!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Decora Adora: Si, es dificil con ninos, pero el plan es de colgarlo en la pared, justo por encima del suelo y creo que parecerá como si es apoyado en la pared, y no colgado...
    kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have some really cool projects coming up. Can't wait to see them all. I don't see why you can't apply the wax on top of the stain. But I'll ask my friend who sells the wax and let you know what she says. That pouf and the console table look like fun, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just checked with Victoria and she said that it would be fine. You should stain and let it cure for a week or so and then use the wax over it. Good luck, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you ,Lisa, for your quick response... I was at a loss there... You helped me a lot!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion? Do share!! Thanks!!