I chose to gather in one post all the things I appreciate about my house, because I do love my place, and I really tried to make it our family's own space, personal and meaningful. Starting from this, I made a list with the stuff that I believe makes a house a home.
1. Plants/ greenery- I love plants, although I do not have the greenest thumb at all, on the contrary, I seem to have a hard time having my plants to bloom (ok, stay alive!). By adding plants to a space I feel closer to nature, and we all know that plants create oxygen, so that's a good thing!
...and plants outside are gorgeous, too!!
4. Cozy rugs or unexpected rugs are important to me, because they make the room feel lived-in, and as much as I love a hardwood floor, it just feels bare without a rug.
5. Good lighting, whether natural of artificial is a must for a happy house. A well-placed window offers natural light and gives life to the place, while a good size lamp can really upgrade the space.
6. Meaningful art makes the space feel yours, and by meaningful I mean art that has some special meaning for you, it doesn't have to be expensive, but as long as it makes you smile, it's what I am talking about!!
...aaaaand I am still not over black and white abstracts!!
8. A good TV wall where the focus is on other elements, like art, a beautiful console or plants is both functional and good-looking!!
9. A beautiful bookcase lets you store not only the books you love reading, but small trinkets collected through the years.
It doesn't even have to be huge....
...cause small is gorgeous also!!
12. Some wood, cause every home needs to go back to the roots!!
13. ....and only because it is an interior decorating blog, I didn't choose to write about this first, but in order to have a home, you have to have a FAMILY to share it all with!!
What do you think about this ??? What would you add?? Do share!!